So for example you want to get the highligtings from iBooks, what you need is few steps:
- Get some app to mount iBooks Folder (like PhoneDisk)
- Download AEAnnotation sqlite database from Documents/storeFiles to some local folder
- cd in that folder with your terminal application and execute
sqlite3 AEAnnotation_*_local.sqlite 'select `ZANNOTATIONSELECTEDTEXT`, `ZANNOTATIONASSETID` from `ZAEANNOTATION` where (`ZANNOTATIONSELECTEDTEXT` not NULL) order by `ZANNOTATIONASSETID`,`ZPLLOCATIONRANGESTART`'
You will see list of notes and Boor IDs to which they are associated
- Find out the Book ID you need (Example:
- execute the command
sqlite3 AEAnnotation_*_local.sqlite 'select `ZANNOTATIONSELECTEDTEXT` from `ZAEANNOTATION` where (`ZANNOTATIONASSETID` = "06CA7575F9AACCAC5027272BA8926BB1") AND (`ZANNOTATIONSELECTEDTEXT` not NULL) order by `ZPLLOCATIONRANGESTART`'
And you will get your highlights !
Few dev notes
- Create Cocoa app for Exporting iBooks Highlights
- Use https://github.com/xslim/mobileDeviceManager to get data from device
- Interconnection by